Country Roads of Portugal (Early Registration 2018)
About Lisbon, Portugal
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHT
- Obidos: Walk through the picturesque narrow streets up to the main square of this ancient walled town.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Lisbon: Tour the spacious avenues and elegant squares. See the Monument to the Discoveries and ancient Belem Tower. Visit Jeronimo's Monastery, built during the city's Age of Discovery.
- Portimão: Explore this Algarve resort.
- Évora: With a Local Expert see the city walls, Roman Temple, Cathedral, Praça do Giraldo and Capela dos Ossos.
- Coimbra: Enjoy an orientation tour of the Old town.
- Mateus: Visit the gardens of the 18th century baroque palace.
- Guimarães: Enjoy views from the ruined castle. Explore the maze of streets in the historic old quarter.
- Porto: See the bridges and buildings decorated in tiles.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Lisbon: Enjoy a tasting of the famous 'Pasteis de Belem'.
- Algarve: Join your Tour Director at one of the excellent eateries found around the marinas of the Algarve, for a fun-filled evening of classic seafood dishes and wine.
- Monsaraz: Enjoy a leisurely cruise followed by a delicious Alentejo lunch with wine in an old olive oil mill.
- Porto: Enjoy an informative tour of a famous cellar at Vila Nova de Gaia, take in the views and taste the port.
- Porto: Shared experiences and memories are often the foundation for special bonds and friendships. Celebrate with wine and good cheer at a restaurant in Porto, devoted to the enjoyment of regional cooking.
- 10 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Highlight Dinner (HD), 1 Highlight Lunch (HL), 1 three-course table d’hôte Dinner (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Lisbon: Visit Jeronimos Monastery with its beautiful Manueline architecture, reflecting Portugal's trade over the centuries.
- Evora: Visit the famous Roman Temple and Capela dos Ossos, plus the fascinating cathedral, a mix of Romanesque and Gothic architecture.
- Fatima: Join the faithful at one of the world's holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of the Apparitions.
- Tomar: Dominating the town, visit the Convent of Christ, see the Manueline Window and follow the story of the mysterious Knights Templar.
- Tomar: Visit one of the best preserved medieval synagogues in Portugal.
- Conimbriga: Visit the museum with a local historian and witness the Roman ruins and mosaics.
- Coimbra: With a Local Expert, visit the University and witness the triumphal arches, painted ceilings, golden flourishes and walls of ancient tomes.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Évora: Among the white-washed houses of Évora, next to the Roman aqueduct, your 5-star M`AR De AR Aqueduto hotel blends part of an old monastery with modern design.
- Douro Valley: The Vintage House Hotel enjoys an idyllic and tranquil riverside location at Pinhão in the authentic heart of the Douro Valley.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.