Best of Morocco (Summer 2017)
About Casablanca, Morocco
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Casablanca: See the Hassan II Mosque, the largest in the country, on your sightseeing tour.
- Rabat: See the Royal Palace and Hassan Tower.
- Meknes: Admire the Bab el-Mansour Gate in the heart of the medina.
- Fes: See one of the world's oldest universities.
- Erfoud: Stay on the edge of the Sahara Desert.
- Todra Gorge: Experience ‘the Grand Canyon of the Sahara'.
- Dades Valley: See the castellated mud houses and oases.
- Ait Benhaddou: View the Kasbah.
- Marrakesh: Watch the performers. Explore the Medina and see the Koutoubia Minaret.
- Scenic Drives: Ziz Gorges. View the spectacular scenery of the High and Middle Atlas Mountains. Tizi n' Tichka Pass.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Fes: Join in the fun at a colourful Moroccan feast, complete with rhythmic music, writhing belly dancers and an array of local dishes and delicacies.
- Dades Valley: Stop for Berber tea at a traditional Nomad house.
- Casablanca: You must remember this...a fabulous 4-course Celebration Dinner with drinks at Rick's Café, made famous by the 1942 film.
- 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Signature Evening (SE), 2 Lunches (L), 3 three-course table d’hôte Dinners or Buffets (D) all with tea or coffee; plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) both with wine, plus tea or coffee.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES AND DINING
- Rabat: Visit the Mohammed V Mausoleum, a masterpiece of traditional Moroccan art and one of the very few Islamic religious buildings open to non-Muslims.
- Fes: Explore this city's major sights, finishing with time spent in the bazaar.
- Fes: Witness the expert techniques of pottery and bread (khobz) making.
- Marrakesh: Built around a lovely inner garden, explore the Bahia Palace with a Local Expert and see glimpses of a Moroccan kingdom's former opulence.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Fes: The Palais Medina and Spa Fes is a perfect alliance between tradition and modern luxury. The hotel offers exquisite rooms and is set in a 5-hectare Andalusian garden.
- Erfoud: Kasbah Hotel Xaluca is located in Arfoud, a city known as 'the Door to the Desert'. The Kasbah is listed as unique in Morocco due to its distinctive characteristics. It was built with adobes, the traditional Moroccan building bricks, and it is a great place to relax and enjoy the moment.
- Ouarzazate: The recently renovated Le Berbère Palace Hotel offers 5-star luxury suites to all guests, along with fine food and a delightful swimming pool.
- Marrakesh: The luxurious Atlas Medina & Spa is set amidst lush, picturesque gardens in central Marrakesh, the perfect location for exploring this fascinating city.
- Essaouira: Located beachfront in Essaouira, the Atlas Essaouira hotel features two swimming pools, a fitness centre and a spa with hammam.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.